Ozblog

Somewhere, over the rainbow, a blog is born. A blog for Kansas. A blog for America. A blog by a reporter with a difficult-to-pronounce last name. But most importantly, a blog that is AMERICA'S ONLY PLACE dedicated to the vital intersection of politics and Sunflowers. The Heartland gods nod in wise approval.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

First things first

So Bush's speech got done, and I don't even want to venture an opinion. Judging from the e-mail I get, everyone else is much more knowledgable and much more certain in their opinions than I am, so I'll let 'em argue among themselves.

My big struggle right now is with this blue balloon. I'm starting a collection of balloons from the conventions. I got red, white and blue ones in Boston, and I gathered the same here. I carefully untwist them without popping them, then I put 'em away for safe keeping. But whoever tied the blue balloon I got tied it really tight, so it's tough to unwrap. Once I'm done with that, then I'll start thinking about what the heck's happened to America.