Ozblog

Somewhere, over the rainbow, a blog is born. A blog for Kansas. A blog for America. A blog by a reporter with a difficult-to-pronounce last name. But most importantly, a blog that is AMERICA'S ONLY PLACE dedicated to the vital intersection of politics and Sunflowers. The Heartland gods nod in wise approval.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Under construction

Kansas primaries are tomorrow, and turnout's expected to be highest in Johnson, Shawnee and Sedgwick counties, where local races and the battle to beat Dennis Moore are drawing interest.

I'm taking comp time today, recovering from the primaries and trying to get my shower to work before guests arrive tomorrow. The Unity journalism conference is in Washington this week -- it's a huge shindig of the national organizations for black, Asian and Hispanic journalists, and Bush and Kerry are both speaking to it. But as it's a gathering of journalists, nobody has money for hotel rooms, so Condo Alano's booked all week starting tomorrow. Unfortunately, the shower nozzle unit rebelled this morning and I need to replace it. I'm also working off a bad dialup Internet connection, explaining the brevity of this entry.

But the feedback keeps coming, and I'm anticipating some changes to the blog in the next week or so. I've got Cabbie Project stories coming soon -- also, I found out yesterday that my brother's getting married, and that's worth noting. So be patient. The plumbing will be back in order soon.