Ozblog

Somewhere, over the rainbow, a blog is born. A blog for Kansas. A blog for America. A blog by a reporter with a difficult-to-pronounce last name. But most importantly, a blog that is AMERICA'S ONLY PLACE dedicated to the vital intersection of politics and Sunflowers. The Heartland gods nod in wise approval.

Friday, August 20, 2004

Rod Carew

OK -- this is betraying Minnesota roots here, but I need to note a White House press release today announcing that Rod Carew will join the U.S. delegation attending the inauguration of Panama's new president on Sept. 1.

The selection of the one-time Minnesota Twins hitmaster and Panama native sends me to the weekend with thoughts of one of my favorite Beastie Boys songs, "Sure Shot" off their classic album "Ill Communication." Keep this in your thoughts as you spend time with loved ones this Friday:

Pull up at the function and you know I Kojak
To all the party people that are on my bozak
I've got more action than my man John Woo
And I've got mad hits like I was Rod Carew

Word.